TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Old Rectory North & Grooms House
Version 5.0 Oct 2010
Note: Terms & conditions can always seem formal and rather off-putting. It is not the intention to deter or discourage our guest(s) with formal wording. It is our hope that all who stay will have the freedom to enjoy this wonderful location to its full potential. For the vast majority these conditions are common sense and should not seem unusual or of concern. We strongly advise you to take out travel insurance, which in the unlikely event of cancellation, accidental damage or other unforeseen circumstances will protect both parties’ interests.
- The contracting person signing the booking form represents the whole group referred to as the guest(s).
- The Old Rectory North and/or The Grooms House are the advertised and contracted self-catering holiday properties herein referred to as the property.
- The contract is between the guest(s) and Mrs Rosemary A. Read, herein referred to as the owner.
CONTACT: Mrs Rosemary Read, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: + 44 (0)7702-105113
Postal address: The Old Rectory, Church Road, Strensham, Worcester, WR8 9LW, England, UK
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The contracting person representing the group/guests must be 21 years of age or over.
- The owner will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of any person nor any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the guest(s) or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever. The owner will not be liable, for any changes, cancellations, and effect on your holiday, or for any failure to perform, or properly perform, any obligations to the guest(s) which is due to any event(s) or circumstance(s) beyond the owner’s reasonable control (force majeure).
- If the booking is made within six weeks of the letting start date then the whole of the rental payment is to be forwarded with your completed booking form, together with the security deposit of £350 for The Old Rectory North and £200 for The Grooms House.
- The security deposit will be returned to the guest(s) within 10 days after the contracted date of departure, less any deductions in accordance with the terms and conditions listed.
- If the booking is made prior to six weeks of the letting a rental deposit of 30% of the rental sum is to be forwarded with your completed booking form. The remaining balance of the rental sum and the security deposit as above are due six weeks prior to the letting start date.
Payment by most major credit/debit cards is accepted via PayPal. It is understood that the owners will pass on any relevant PayPal handling charges incurred in any transaction. Charges levied by PayPal will be deducted from the security deposit at the end of the guest(s) stay. PayPal’s table of charges can be found at:
- A booking will not be considered valid until all necessary payments have been cleared through the owners account.
- If a cancellation is requested more than six weeks in advance of the letting start date then the balance of any monies paid, less the rental deposit, will be returned to the guest(s). If the property is subsequently re-let for the same period then the deposit will also be refunded less a £50 administration charge, otherwise the deposit will be forfeit. If the cancellation is requested within six weeks of the letting start date then the same conditions apply except that the owner also reserves the right to retain part, or all of the balance, of the rental paid should it not be possible to re-let the property for the same period, at the equivalent weekly rental rate.
Any need by the guest(s) to cancel the booking should be communicated in the first instance by telephone to the owner as soon as possible, followed by a supporting email. Should the owner not receive such communication, and the guest(s) not receive an acknowledgement of cancellation via email back from the owner, then the owner will not accept any prior cancellation request as valid.
Solely sending an email is not proof of receipt.
- In the unlikely event, through unforseen circumstances, that the owners need to cancel the guest(s) booking, then a full refund of all monies paid will be returned to the guest(s). The owner will also make all reasonable endeavours to re-accommodate the guest(s) at an alternative date at a reduced cost, or to assist in seeking alternative accommodation for the same period. In such, and all other circumstances, no liability will be accepted for costs beyond that already paid to the owner by the guest(s).
- Any refunds due, for whatever reason, will be made without interest and can only be made once any prior respective payment(s), made by the guest(s), have proven to be cleared through the owners appropriate account. Refunds will be made by the same method of payment as was received from the guest(s) where practicable.
- The number of people occupying the property must neither exceed the agreed maximum indicated on the booking form or that advertised for the property (whichever the lower), except through prior written agreement.
- The contracting guest(s) may not sublet, advertise for let, the property or any part thereof. Neither may the guest(s) assign possession of the property, nor any part thereof to any other person(s) other than those contracted within the booking form for the agreed period of time. The property is for holidaying and relaxation purposes only and no commercial business transactions are permitted by guest(s) at the property, within its grounds, or nearby.
- The guest(s) agrees to keep the property and other contents in or on the property in a like state of repair and condition, as at the commencement of the letting, and will make good any damage, breakage or loss, whether accidental or otherwise, that may occur during the period of letting. This includes, but not limited to, any damage to furniture, fixtures, fittings, carpets, curtains, the garden and interior and exterior decor. Remedial work will be charged in full to the guest(s) less any deposit already paid.
- Unless otherwise stated, the rental of the property includes all services: rates, water, electricity, heating oil, and buildings insurance of the property. The property is fully equipped with a detailed inventory available. Fresh bed linen is provided weekly but guests are required to bring their own towels unless hired separately.
- Missing or lost keys to the property will incur a deposit deduction of £75.00
- Except by prior written arrangement holiday letting times are arrival from 3.30pm on the first day and before 10.30am on the date of departure. This can be flexible if there are no other guests departing or arriving, but is conditional on prior written agreement and is subject to change at the owner’s discretion.
- The guest(s) agree not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, inside or close to the property at any time. If this is not strictly adhered to it will potentially lead to an eviction from the property and forfeit of all monies paid. SMOKING IS A MAJOR HAZZARD in older properties and a danger to others. Smoking is permitted in the garden, while well away from the house.
- The guest(s) should note that the property is set in a rural location amongst farm land. As such there are some unfenced natural hazards in the vicinity; rivers, ponds, slopes and garden steps as well as farm animals, which pose a potential danger to children. The owners have safely raised three children at this location without incident, but nonetheless implore guest(s) to instruct children of the hazards and to particularly ensure that young children are kept under, constant, adult supervision.
- The guest(s) are asked to respect the tranquillity of the location and the impact any excessive noise and loud music would have on immediate neighbours and countryside users. The property is let for quiet enjoyment and as such no music/radios/TVs must be played outside without prior agreement from the owners.
- Single sex groups are not permitted (except through prior written agreement) or any group renting with the intent of late night partying such as stag or hen groups.
- Guests are asked to leave the property clean and tidy and to ensure that they clear the fridges and place all rubbish in the external bins provided. We rely upon the goodwill of our guests whose co-operation we greatly appreciate. Should the property be left in a poor condition, requiring intensive cleaning, then this will be charged at £25 per hour and deducted from the security deposit.
- No vans, campers, caravans or commercial vehicles are permitted at the property, except by prior written agreement.
- Pets or animals are not permitted in the property or anywhere on the premises.
- Guests are expected to be energy conscious and sensible with the use of electricity and heating oil. Unreasonable abuse will lead to surcharges recoverable from the security deposit.
- We aim to ensure that the information provided by us is accurately conveyed on our web site or other promotional literature. However, the information and prices advertised might have changed by the time you come to book.
- The guest(s) acceptance of the property from the owner will be deemed an acceptance of these terms and conditions on behalf of his/her group.